By Ignite Career Center
Some of us make health and fitness resolutions, others make financial, parenting, or self-improvement resolutions. Of course, many don’t make resolutions at all! If you’re the resolution-making type, you might want to include some workplace resolutions for the coming year. Why don’t you resolve to:
1. Make and maintain at least one networking contact a month, whether it’s through joining an industry group, attending a networking event, or reaching out to someone on LinkedIn.
2. Invest in having your resume reviewed by a professional resume writer. Particularly if it’s been a while since you last job-hunted, you could be out of the loop when it comes to the most updated format for this important document.
3. Think about your passion and how you would like to be in touch with it on your next job, or even in your current one.
4. Check out websites for extra job search and workplace survival tips. We recommend workitdaily.com, askamanager.org, and humanworkplace.com (but save a little time for JCS’s virtual Career Center due to launch in 2018).
5. Reflect on your work relationships and strive for improvement: Are there tensions to resolve? Better processes to implement? A pathway to positivity you have not tried?
Whatever your resolutions, we hope you will make a promise to yourself to have a great 2018 in all aspects of your life, at work and at home.
Whether you are new to the job market or a seasoned professional, the Ignite Career Center, a program of Jewish Community Services, can help you go farther and get there faster. Our highly experienced Career Coaches provide individuals of all backgrounds and abilities with the customized services and tools they need to stand out from the competition. For information, call 410-466-9200 or visit ignitecareercenter.com.