The Behavioral Health Intake Clinician is responsible for conducting comprehensive clinical assessments and intake of prospective clients requesting agency Mental Health Services (Therapy, Psychiatry, Psychiatric Rehabilitation Program) and matching clients to appropriate services and staff. They also provide brief consultations and short-term therapeutic interventions for individuals and families as needed and will assist those struggling with complex needs including behavioral health and substance abuse issues.
- Performs clinical assessment of needs, bio-psychosocial and mini mental status exams, and thorough substance use assessments for people seeking behavioral health services.
- Triages and assigns cases to appropriate services and staff based upon assessment, need, and established criteria.
- Provides brief consultation services, as needed, for individuals and families presenting with complex needs or as clinically indicated.
- Provides short-term therapy for a limited number of clients.
- Facilitates connections to additional internal and external services and resources that respond to the array of needs identified during the intake and assessment process.
Education & Skills:
Master’s degree in Social Work, Counseling, Psychology, Addictions, or related behavioral health field from an accredited college or university; licensure at provisional level or higher.
Two or more years work-related experience with clinical assessment and therapeutic intervention for behavioral health and substance use disorders.
Knowledge base to include: intake assessments, therapeutic interventions, substance use disorders, behavioral health; professional ethical standards and licensure guidelines; local community mental health and substance abuse resources.
Proficiency with Microsoft 365 Office tools and ability to successfully utilize Electronic Medical Record.
JCS is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All opportunities at JCS are contingent upon successful completion and receipt of acceptable results of criminal background clearances, drug test, and degree and/or license verification. If the position requires driving, a valid driver’s license, motor vehicle clearance, and proof of auto insurance is required at time of employment and must be maintained throughout employment. Additional regulatory, contractual, or local requirements may apply.