Are you someone who is highly creative and loves the thrill of engaging groups in experiential learning? Do you have experience using roleplay, performing arts, and other unique techniques to engage learners and bring information to life? Use your talents to create and facilitate innovative programs that help children, teens, and young adults boost their understanding of mental health challenges, build their resilience, and reduce stigma. We are a non-profit human service organization looking for the right person to join our vibrant team of Health Educators.
This is an exciting opportunity for someone who thrives on creativity and collaboration and understands the importance of raising awareness about mental health and substance use disorders. In this role, you will work with colleagues to develop and deliver dynamic programming – both in-person and through interactive on-demand educational platforms – that enhance the well-being of young people of all backgrounds.
This is full-time hybrid position (37.5 hrs./wk.) offering a mix of in-person and remote work. Our offices and primary service area are in the Greater Baltimore Area.
- Degree or work experience pertaining to mental health, psychology, substance use disorders, counseling, education or other relevant fields
- Knowledge of mental health and substance use issues
- Familiarity with experiential learning techniques, performing arts, theater a plus
- Conversant in teen/young adult culture
- Experience or acquaintance with creative and online presentation platforms (e.g. edpuzzle, nearpod, Prezi) a plus
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
About our organization
Jewish Community Services (JCS) provides programs and services for people of all ages and backgrounds, helping them achieve their goals, enhance their wellbeing, and maximize their independence. JCS is an agency of The Associated: Jewish Federation of Baltimore.
The PERKS of Working at JCS: Comprehensive Benefit Plan + 401(k) match + Generous Paid Time Off & Holidays + Free JCC gym membership (taxes apply) + Professional Development Opportunities + Legal Shield + Pet Insurance + MD 529 College Savings Plans. Early Out on Fridays.