JCS is seeking a full-time (37.5 h/wk.) Clinical Consultant (Schools and Camps) to provide clinical assessment and consultation services in addressing mental and behavioral health and wellness needs of youth, families, staff, and administration at designated resources and services at JCS and other service providers. The ideal candidate will have experience in children’s mental health and socio-emotional development and thrive in an environment of diverse skill utilization and continual learning.
- Provide consultation to site staff (educators, counselors, youth workers, activity specialists, administrators) around behavioral health concerns identified in students, campers, and/or staff and present recommendations for addressing / responding to the areas of concern.
- Exercise discretion and independent judgment to provide appropriate information, coaching, training, education, and support to the children, parents, teachers, and camp and school staff.
- Conduct screenings, observations, and assessments of students and campers to ascertain needs for additional support and/or interventions that will foster a positive school/camp experience.
- Serve as a resource to parents for developmental, emotional, and behavioral concerns about their children; participate in staff conferences/meetings with parents, as needed, when behavioral/emotional issues present
- Assist with crisis intervention as situations arise in school and camp settings, supplementing the ability of the staff to handle these urgent situations.
- Conduct trainings and workshops for staff, parents, and the community around child developmental stages, mental health, and wellness issues, and addressing school-based challenges.
- Encourage development of healthy, appropriate boundaries and self-care practices among staff.
- Connect site constituents to resources within JCS and/or other service providers, as needed.
- Maintain necessary documentation and records.
- Measure and track outcome data.
- Fulfill other duties as assigned by the agency.
- Interpersonal Skills (Speaking, Active Listening, Persuasion, Negotiation, Instructing)
- Clinical Competence (Clinical Knowledge, Certifications)
- Analytic/Critical Thinking (Critical Thinking, Active Learning, Complex Problem solving, Systems Eval)
- Administrative (Time management, task management, organization, Social Perceptiveness, Negotiation, Persuasion, Oral Expression, inductive reasoning, Problem Sensitivity)
- Advanced Level of Clinical Licensure (LCSW-C or equivalent) *Required
- Advanced, in-depth knowledge and expertise in the program, structure, and legal requirements of various programs.
- High level of Microsoft Office Suite Proficiency.
- Ability to effectively work independently and as part of the team
- High proficiency in written and spoken communication.
- Knowledge of and sensitivity to Jewish traditions, culture, and values.
- Commitment to uphold and live by the values and mission of organization.