Are you a dynamic communications professional who excels in content creation and copywriting for multi-channel marketing? Do you thrive on creating campaigns that engage and inform audiences? Would you like to be part of an organization designated as a 2022 Top Workplace?
Jewish Community Services, a comprehensive non-profit human services agency in Baltimore, MD is seeking a Communications Specialist to join our Marketing Team. In this position, you will play an integral role in the organization’s strategic communications targeting audiences of varying ages and backgrounds to increase brand awareness and engagement.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
Content Creation and Copywriting
- Writes clear, compelling copy for various mediums (flyers, web, e-news, press releases, calendars, scripts, social media) to inform and engage target audiences.
- Proofreads and edits content provided by other staff.
- Collaborates on social media content planning, creation, publication.
- Assists with creation of flyers, social graphics, gifs, videos, and other marketing assets
Communications Planning, Development, and Publication
- Plans, composes, formats and distributes agency electronic newsletters and communications.
- Manages agency website content, ensuring it is current, accurate and uses SEO to maximize reach.
- Maintains editorial calendars to plan and coordinate publication of communications across channels.
- Collaborates with staff throughout agency on messaging about programs and services.
Documentation and Performance Analysis
- Maintains organized files and detailed tracking logs for marketing projects.
- Participates in development of marketing plans and strategies.
- Tracks, interprets, and reports key performance indicators (KPIs) and analytics, to help team evaluate success of marketing efforts and guide strategic changes.
- College degree in communications, public relations, journalism, marketing, or related field
- Minimum 2 years relevant experience
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Superior skills in copywriting and editing for various mediums
- Expertise in social media, email marketing, and SEO best practices
- Proficiency with html and analytics platforms
- Highly proficient computer and technology skills with hands-on capability in all social media platforms, WordPress, email marketing platforms, Microsoft Office products, Teams, Zoom, Canva
- Outstanding organizational and time management skills; ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail
- Exceptional interpersonal and customer service skills
- Ability to identify challenges and propose solutions
- Capable of working effectively both independently and as part of a team
- Familiarity with and/or sensitivity to Jewish values and customs
ADDITIONAL QUALITIES OF VALUE
- Video production and editing skills
- Experience with Canva and/or Adobe Creative Suite, Constant Contact or similar e-communication platform, and social media schedulers (e.g. Loomly or HootSuite)
Hybrid work environment: must be able to be present in the office as scheduled or needed.
Salary commensurate with experience. Generous benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401K with 4% match, FSA/HSA, life insurance, generous time off, and Friday office hours that end 3:00 pm year-round.
Become part of an organization that lives its values of Respect, Inclusivity, Integrity, and Community in our service to the community and in our workplace culture.
Candidates must submit a cover letter to email@example.com.