Jewish Community Services (JCS) is a comprehensive human service agency that provides a broad range of services that meet the diverse, multi-dimensional needs of individuals and families throughout Central Maryland. Join our team of professionals as we work to create a community in which every person is able to achieve his or her highest quality of life and well-being.
Jewish Community Services (JCS) currently serves individuals in our ALU homes with developmental disabilities in our Residential Program that are in need of compassionate and caring Direct Support Counselors.
Residential Direct Support Counselor/Medical Appointment Specialist responsibilities include providing personal care including housekeeping; lifting, transferring, bathing, administrating medication, meal preparations, and performing general household duties as well as community integration (i.e. transporting individuals to doctor appointments advocates on behalf of the individual and provides medical professionals with accurate information, grocery shopping, and recreational activities).
URGENTLY HIRING : MEDICAL FLOATERS & HOUSE MANAGERS 30.00 – 40.00 HOURS PER WEEK , SOME WEEKENDS. START TIMES BETWEEN 7:00 A.M & 9:00 A.M.
|Scotts Hill||11 pm – 9 am|
|3 pm -11 pm|
|Duncannon||8am- 9pm||8am- 9pm|
|11 pm – 8 am||11 pm – 8 am|
|Bonnie Brae||8-11 pm EOW|
|Wood Court||8 am – 11pm EOW||8 am – 11pm EOW|
|11 pm-8am||11 pm – 9 am||11 pm-8am|
|8am- 11pm||8am- 11pm|
|8am – 3pm EOW||8am – 3pm EOW|
|9 am – 7 pm||9 am – 7pm|
- Current Certified Medication Technician (CMT), verifiable through the MBON, 1-year DDA client experience
- Current MD driver’s license w/acceptable driving record (no more than 2 points) and 3 years of driving experience
- Must have access to your own vehicle with valid insurance (may be required to use your own vehicle to transport individuals as needed)
- Sensitivity to Jewish Culture
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- CPR & First Aid
- A valid Certified Medication Technician (CMT) certification from Dimensional Health Care Associates, Inc
- DDA Trainings such as: BPS, OSHA, etc.
*COVID VACCINATION AND PROOF OF VACCINATION REQUIRED*
What do we have to offer?
- Vacation leave offered for any shifts of 20+ hrs./wk.
- Health plus other benefits offered for any shifts of 30+ hrs./wk.
- Vision and Dental offered for any shifts of 20+ hrs./wk.
- 401(k) retirement plan offered for any shifts of 20+ hrs./wk.
- Paid training
- Free JCC Membership (taxes apply) offered for any shifts of 20+ hrs.