Jewish Community Services (JCS) is a comprehensive human service agency that provides a broad range of services that meet the diverse, multi-dimensional needs of individuals and families throughout Central Maryland. Join our team of professionals as we work to create a community in which every person is able to achieve his or her highest quality of life and well-being.
Daytime, Evenings and Weekends
Baltimore City, Ravens Stadium, Orioles Stadium, Baltimore County, and surrounding areas. Mileage is reimbursed.
Jewish Community Services is seeking two part time (20 hours) Job Coaches, to meet clients with varying abilities at their workplace and/or in the community and provide hands-on and/or remote job coaching and job development, one-on-one/small groups, and support clients in learning skills to allow them to be successful on their jobs. Job Coach is expected to write progress notes, on the clients, 10 minutes prior to the end of the shift, and email it to your supervisor. Training is available.
This position is part time working with clients and requires dependability and flexibility. Must be comfortable working with individuals that have a DDA Behavioral plan and DORS plan. Position encompasses on site job coaching, job development and teaching virtual classes.
Job Coach Responsibilities May Include:
- Teaching/Facilitating 1–2-hour activity classes on zoom including Dance, Fitness, Cooking, Games, Job Club, Coffee Club, Movie Night, Book Club. Class hours are M-F between 9 a.m. – 1 p.m. or 2 p.m. and 2 p.m. – 5 p.m. or 6 p.m.
- Job Coaching one-on-one with client at their place of employment (i.e., Shoppers, Orioles & Ravens Stadium). Shifts are between 4-10 hours weekdays and weekends.
- Evaluating client skills, strengths and determines services, supports and accommodations needed to successfully perform job duties
- Establishing rapport with employer, and other pertinent staff who interact with the client at work to encourage natural supports
- Advocating and negotiating reasonable accommodations and alternative methods of client accomplishing assigned tasks and duties
- Mediating and resolving conflicts or issues with job performance
- Modeling job tasks to demonstrate effective task performance
- Maintaining accurate progress notes
- Job development (interviewing, resume writing, job search and completion of online applications)
- Communicate often with supervisor to ensure hours are accurate and notes are submitted
Knowledge and Skills:
- Excellent communication skills
- Proficiency with computers, the Internet, Zoom, Microsoft Office Suite, and Time Keeping Systems
- Familiarity, sensitivity, and the ability relate to individuals with varying abilities
- Familiarity with and/or sensitivity to religious and cultural identities (including ethical and social values)
Requirements for Job Coach:
- Maintain all State required training (CPR, First Aid, OSHA, etc.)
- Capacity to work from home with a laptop
- Must have reliable transportation, current car insurance and a valid driver’s license
- Must pass a criminal background check
- Must pass a motor vehicle record check
- Must pass a five-panel drug test
- COVID Vaccination and Proof of Vaccination Required
Education & Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent required. Associate or bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Experience with individuals with disabilities is required
- Prior DDA training preferred
- Please submit references upon submission.
The PERKS of Working at JCS: Comprehensive Benefit Plan + 401(k) + Generous Paid Time Off & Holidays + Free JCC gym membership (taxes apply) + Professional Development Opportunities + Legal Shield + Pet Insurance + MD 529 College Savings Plans + Competitive Salary
*COVID Vaccination and Proof of Vaccination required*
JCS is an Equal Opportunity Employer