We are currently seeking a compassionate and motivated Weekend Shift Lead to oversee one of our residential homes. In this role, you will be responsible for providing leadership and direction to the Direct Support Professionals on the weekend. Additionally, you will ensure the well-being of our residents. The position is a part time, benefit eligible position at 32 hours per week on Saturdays and Sundays. If you are dedicated to making a difference in the lives of individuals with developmental disabilities and possess the necessary skills and experience, we invite you to apply for this rewarding opportunity! Hiring bonus of $600 after successful completion of applicable trainings and one year of employment!
Shift- 7am-11pm Saturday and Sunday
- Directly supervise all Direct Support Professionals assigned to the home.
- Utilize JCS’ automated time and attendance system to document and maintain accurate client records.
- Provide individualized and outstanding support and services to people with developmental disabilities.
- Ensure the home is well-maintained and organized to reflect the interests and personal tastes of the residents.
- Facilitate and coordinate meaningful weekend activities and outings for assigned participants.
- Manage house schedule to ensure proper coverage at all times.
- Actively participate in the hiring and onboarding process of DSPs.
- Complete injury and incident reports and other organization records as necessary.
- Assist in maintaining a family-style household and provide a safe environment.
- Maintain balanced house hours and dollars on a regular basis.
- Hold regular house meetings and meet with each supervisee on a regular basis for supervisory meetings.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Minimum of one-year experience in a supervisory role, two years working in the human services field.
- Strong organizational and communication skills.
- Ability to work flexible hours including weekdays and/or weekends.
*A valid driver’s license, drivers’ insurance, and car is required. *
The PERKS of Working at JCS: Comprehensive Benefit Plan + 401(k) + Generous Paid Time Off & Holidays + Free JCC gym membership (taxes apply) + Professional Development Opportunities + Legal Shield + Pet Insurance + MD 529 College Savings Plans + Competitive Salary
JCS is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Jewish Community Services is a non-profit organization dedicated to providing comprehensive social services to members of the Baltimore community. With a commitment to helping individuals of all backgrounds and circumstances, JCS has been a vital resource for those in need for over 100 years. As part of our mission, we operate several community-based residential homes for individuals with developmental disabilities, providing them with the care and support they require to live full and independent lives.