Children, Teens & Families
Adoption Support Services
Adoptive families may face unique issues in raising their children. Jewish Community Services (JCS) of Baltimore and Jewish Social Service Agency (JSSA) in Rockville partner to provide a range of coordinated services to adoptive families, adoptees and birth parents in the Baltimore- Washington area.
JSSA’s Adoption Options, a licensed child-placing agency, provides:
- Private consultations to identify adoption alternatives
- Home studies
- Counseling for birth parents
- Private adoption services
- Required post-placement supervision for domestic and international adoptions and support and guidance throughout the adoption process.
JCS’ Adoption program provides:
- Information, education and referral to adoptive families and those touched by adoption
- Post-adoption services, including counseling and support to adoptive families throughout the life cycle
- Search and reunion services including a monthly group for adult adoptees or birth parents interested in searching for family connections. The group is open to adult adoptees, adoptive parents, birth parents, and birth siblings.