Raising Children with Disabilities
Raising children brings with it a host of joys and celebrations, questions and concerns. Parents raising a child with disabilities, whether physical impairments, learning disorders, or developmental disabilities, may face unique challenges that require more specialized attention.
JCS can provide services and supports that help families address these challenges, build upon their child’s strengths, and maximize their opportunities. In addition to counseling, advocacy and case management, we provide:
- Assistance with independent living skills
- Psychological testing
- Social skills groups
- Help in locating and obtaining special equipment
- Consultation and counseling related to child development and/or parenting skills
- Employment Support Services through the Ignite Career Center
- Community-Based and Residential Services
- College Scholarship Opportunities
Different Stages for Different Ages: Navigating for Children with Varying Abilities
This four-part video series shares professional advice for families raising children who have developmental delays and disabilities. From infancy to adulthood, learn about navigating the services and supports children need at every stage of life to address challenges, build upon their strengths, and maximize their opportunities.