Raising Children with Disabilities
JCS can provide services and supports that help families address these challenges, build upon their child’s strengths, and maximize their opportunities. In addition to counseling, advocacy and case management, we provide:
- Assistance with independent living skills
- Psychological testing
- Social skills groups
- Help in locating and obtaining special equipment
- Consultation and counseling related to child development and/or parenting skills
- Employment Support Services through the Ignite Career Center
- Community-Based and Residential Services
- College Scholarship Opportunities
Different Stages for Different Ages: Navigating for Children with Varying Abilities
In this four-part video series, the JCS Ignite Career Center, shares professional advice for families raising children who have developmental delays and disabilities. From infancy through the teen years and into adulthood when it’s time to enter the workforce and find independence, Andrea Fenwick, Senior Manager of Employment Support Services for JCS’ Ignite Career Center, offers guidance in what you can do to help your child succeed and become who they are meant to be.
Watch the videos and learn more about navigating the services and supports children need at every stage of life to address challenges, build upon their strengths, and maximize their opportunities.