- This event has passed.
The Changing Landscape of the Child Welfare System
March 20 @ 3:00 pm - 4:30 pm
via Zoom Video Conferencing
1.5 Category I CEUs
Dr. Kimberly Giardina, DSW, Director of Child Welfare, County of San Diego Health and Human Services Agency
Claire Fultz, DSW, MSW, MSC, LCSW-C, CCM, Director of Mental Health, Jewish Community Services
Kimberly Giardina has been in the field of social work for over twenty years specializing in child protection. In this program, participants will be guided through identifying and understanding the changing landscape of the child welfare system.
As a result of this training, participants will:
- Understand the history and basic function of the child welfare system
- Identify critical data and current national trends pertaining to the child welfare system
- Be able to understand current changes in child welfare and the potential impact on families
- Develop hypotheses for best practice to reduce child maltreatment
- Identify the role of human service providers in reducing child maltreatment
- Review key learnings from the pandemic
General Public: $37.50
Jewish Day School Educators / JCS Retirees: $30.00
JCS Staff, Board & Advisory Council Members, Staff of Associated Agencies: FREE
Jewish Community Services is approved by the Maryland Board of Social Work Examiners to sponsor Continuing Education for social workers (psychologists and licensed professional counselors). Jewish Community Services maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
Funding for this series is made possible by a grant from The Kolker-Saxon-Hallock Family Foundation.