- This event has passed.
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, Belonging, And Accessibility (DEIBA) At Work
September 22, 2022 @ 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm
DEIBA at Work: Good Intentions And Unintended Consequences
Thursday, September 22, 2022
12:00 – 1:00 pm via Zoom
Christine Walters, J.D., MAS, SHRM-SCP, SPHR, Independent Consultant & Author of
“From Hello to Goodbye: Proactive Tips for Maintaining Positive Employee Relations”
DEIBA stands for Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, Belonging, and Accessibility. In this interactive event hosted by the Ignite Career Center of JCS, we will review proactive practices as well as pitfalls to avoid when implementing DEIBA initiatives and related programs in the workplace.
We will consider the following questions:
- Does Title VII’s protection against religious discrimination of applicants include the absence of a religious belief or faith?
- Aside from required affirmative action, can an employer target certain populations to enhance the diversity of its workforce?
- What protection, if any, do white men have from race discrimination?
- What do research and statistics show about age discrimination against millennials as compared to older workers?
- What are the pros and cons of workplace affinity groups/employee resource groups (ERGs)?
Christine V. Walters, J.D., MAS, SHRM-SCP, SPHR has more than 25 years’ combined experience in management, HR administration, employment law practice, and teaching.
She has received national and regional awards, presented at conferences across the country, been engaged as an expert witness for the defense, and testified before U.S. Congressional and state legislative committees and administrative agencies on employment issues.
Her book, “From Hello to Goodbye: Proactive Tips for Maintaining Positive Employee Relations” is now in its 2nd edition.