- This event has passed.
Gambling: Anything BUT a Safe Bet
April 19, 2022 @ 1:00 pm - 2:30 pmFree
Guest Presenters from The Maryland Center of Excellence on Problem Gambling:
Kristen Beall, LCSW-C, ICGC-I, CAC-A, Clinical Manager
James (Jim) Nowlin, CPRS, Peer Recovery Support Specialist
Harmless fun? Don’t bet on it!
Gambling Disorder is a progressive disease and is easier to hide compared to other addictive disorders. In fact, it is the only behavioral disorder under the Substance Use and Addictive Disorders in the DSM-5.
As a result of this training, participants will:
- Become familiar with the signs and symptoms of the at-risk and disordered gambler
- Learn ways to integrate screening tools into their practice
- Increase awareness of gambling’s impact and its effect on the workplace
- Understand gambling addiction and recovery through a first-person account
- Gain knowledge of gambling resources for help and hope
There is no cost to attend this session. Deadline to register is April 14.
Social workers and other clinicians attending this program will receive 1.5 Category I CEUs.
Jewish Community Services is approved by the Maryland Board of Social Work Examiners to sponsor Continuing Education for social workers (psychologists and licensed professional counselors). Jewish Community Services maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
Funding for the series is made possible by a grant from The Kolker-Saxon-Hallock Family Foundation.