By M Fine
It is said that a happy employee is a productive employee. Creating a positive work environment is one of the best ways employers can contribute to increased productivity, quality, and safety.
Here are six ways to sustain an environment that is charged and excited, and where individuals are engaged in making your operation a winning one.
- Always remain positive because you are a role model. Smile when you greet colleagues and team members.
- Encourage and support fellow team members. Acknowledge and demonstrate appreciation of accomplishments and share your gratitude. Also, be sure to praise the effort as well as the outcome.
- Celebrate success and acknowledge individuals (and the team) with “shout-outs” in meetings or in emails.
- Coach and inspire others to observe and to compliment work peers when they notice positive accomplishments and behaviors.
(Tip: Create a success award based on peer nomination.)
- Invite innovation by encouraging individuals to create and share ideas and opinions, so everyone feels significant and valued.
- Finally, remember the “why.” Connect your company’s values to the work employees do on a daily basis. Whether your organization is non-profit or for-profit, it is driven by a mission. Employees experience more job satisfaction and positivity when they feel the “psychological income” of what they do.
By M Fine, Employer Strategist at the Ignite Career Center
Whether you are new to the job market or a seasoned professional, the Ignite Career Center, a program of Jewish Community Services, can help you go farther and get there faster. Our highly experienced Career Coaches provide individuals of all backgrounds and abilities with the customized services and tools they need to stand out from the competition. For information, call 410-466-9200 or visit ignitecareercenter.com.